Friday, July 25, 2008

Perfect husband, or...

Yesterday I was thinking about Jon's small fascination that he had with serial killers a while ago. We were newly married, and when he was bored at work he would research serial killers on wikipedia. His favorite song from Sufjan Steven's Illinois album was John Wayne Gacy, Jr. One day he was telling me how serial killers really weren't scary or creepy to the outside world. He said, "Isn't it crazy? Serial killers are usually people you would NEVER suspect." That got me thinking. Who was the person I knew that would never, ever be a serial killer? Jon. For about 30 seconds to a minute I was honestly freaked out that my new husband was so wonderful that he must be a serial killer because he would never be a serial killer. I was totally caught up in circular logic and memories of episodes of "48 hours." If Jon realized then how extensive (and irrational) my worries are sometimes (thank you, Hallmark genes) he would have known to keep his interesting facts to himself.

4 comments:

stacey said...

yeah, I have those beloved worry genes as well. I am glad to know that other people have strange thoughts about things like that :). And I am glad that Jon is not a serial killer.

Spencer said...

Mal,
Sorry to tell you this, but when I was thirteen Jonathan tried to stab me once with a butter knife. Watch out and give a shout if you need to, though I don't think many will hear you in the dull pines of Oregon. It was nice to know you :)
spencer
aka: jon's best childhood friend

meredith said...

I am a worrier too. I think I stoppped for a second thinking that jon was a serial killer.


not really but i have been known to go on some crazy tangents.

Jake said...

I don't know, something about teal road bikes, gold toe socks and that smile are making me think twice.