Wednesday, April 14, 2010

nature...robert goulet

The present I got Kenz for her birthday was accidentally shipped to me today, so now her present will be late.  I was so annoyed it triggered what I like to call "baby rage"--an annoyance that progressively grows to fuming anger followed by a headache behind the eyes and sometimes the urge to burst into tears. (This episode also caused an email to be sent to the seller with a subject that basically said, "I'm slapping you with negative feedback, beyoch"--albeit professionally, of course).  So after the present was re-shipped I decided to unwind by taking a nature walk and taking pretty pictures of pretty flowers. All the lilacs are in bloom and I feel like it's a special early birthday present to me, as lilacs are my favorite. (You know what else is a birthday present? Not living in Utah, where it tends to snow on my birthday.)




I feel so much better now. Now that I'm at one with nature, I might give a neutral rating instead.

p.s. Check out Kenz's guest blog...

4 comments:

kenzie said...

i love the second pic. very cool. your baby rage is funny, and I can totally imagine it. me + gingie need to take a walk and take some pretty pictures. cheer up! put the puddin in the pop!

Lorrie said...

deep breaths work, too--oh wait, that might add to your rage--yoga made you sore last weekend!

I loved seeing everything in bloom in Portland. None of the lilac is out here, yet, but my peach tree has blossoms. It only it won't freeze now!

Tyler and Megan said...

hmmm I have heard of this baby rage before. I think I would have raged and I am not pregnant...so Im sure it was much worse for you. :) Love you pictures. Way to be one with nature.

emily and logan said...

mallorie, we don't know eachother, but our husbands do. i really love your blog. i am always laughing out loud whenever i read it. i'm pretty sure we think very alike. is portland as wonderful as it seems? can we come visit??