Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Boise, Utah, and a third birthday cupcake


 My parents have a nice tub and natural light, so I couldn't resist taking a bazillion bath photos.

 My, what big (6) teeth you have.


 Wedding wear. This picture points out my nice ombre hair shading, and the fact that I need a haircut fairly badly. A Hall family picture exists from this event, if I ever get it from my brother's camera (ahem).

 Noah and Theo bonding. Noah is about to bite Theo on the back rather aggressively, ending their happy moment.

 We did an excellent job of disrupting Theo's sleeping patterns.



 Jon officially finished his third year of dental school near the end of June and we jetted off to Boise for a little break that included a built in nanny (i.e. Grandma). We also got to spend time with my brother and his adorable family, and even a side trip to Utah for my cousin's wedding and a nostalgic visit to BYU. I can't really describe how excited I was to see the mountains of Provo, breathe the cottonwood tree floaty things of early summer, and walk past my freshman apartment. Although I love Boise, my memories of late adolescent life there are not very rosy. As in, high school was not kind to me. At BYU, I met caring people and true friends, and had experiences that I will never forget. Of course, that's where I met Jon as well, which is the best part. So, needless to say I walked around campus twirling and singing happy songs. We bought Theo a little boy BYU shirt, some chocolate covered cinnamon bears and ate graham canyon ice cream at the creamery. I walked past my prior job at library security and confirmed in my mind that it indeed was taken over again by an all male militaristic staff (snap judgement, but I'm probably right). And someone waved at me like they knew me, even though they didn't. It made me feel like I was being mistaken for Kenz, a pastime at BYU we both enjoyed on a regular basis.

Aside from the fact that I just let the world know that I have issues from high school that probably need the attention of a therapist, the week was a wonderful one. My cousin's wedding was beautiful and I loved catching up with close cousins. My nephew Noah is growing leaps and bounds larger than Theo already (found out yesterday Theo is in the 9th percentile for weight, so not too surprising).

Jon is officially a senior now, which makes me really happy and a little sad that we may have to move away in a year. But luckily I don't have to think about that right now. But if I do, every time I visit Portland I will be doing the happy twirly nostalgic dance.

7 comments:

nikkiricks said...

mawrie - your hair is so long and lush! oh those naked squeezed buns - love it.

Lorrie said...

It was a great week--we loved having you here!

Tyler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kenzie said...

your hair is freaky long! so jealous of your trip, and theo's wedding outfit is, of course, absolutely fabulous.

Ty and Meg said...

Theo is so cute. I can't believe we are in our 4th year. It is so crazy. I share the sentiment that it is a mix of happy and sad about being done. We better make it an awesome year.

vanessa said...

stop the leaving in a year talk! i'm not ready!

emily and logan said...

doesn't everyone have issues from high school? maybe everyone except for those prom queens. i totally do.