Monday, July 11, 2011

babies please.


 Chocolate souffle cupcakes...so good. Don't worry they're supposed to look like that. (and the cucumber punch stuff in the foreground--not so much. Sorry girls!)

 Looking cute in a dress made by her mother in law! 

 My mom was kind enough to knit her a little grandma sweater. Probably owe her some weeding now. If I was in Boise, I would...

I am slightly proud of this last minute banner I made--mostly because it was an idea from my own mind and not the internet, and it actually worked. 


Vanessa is a trooper. She has endured a pregnancy that makes me feel guilty that I had such a relatively easy time--and is still so excited and overjoyed about her forthcoming baby girl. She deserved a great baby shower, and I tried my best to deliver. She also is a trooper because she has met all these new friends that speak loudly over the top of each other and make quilts and have too many opinions. (Well, I'm probably just talking about myself here.) She has been quickly adopted by all and is extremely well liked. We had a great time just talking about babies, drinking homemade horchata, and avoiding the cucumber soda thing I made that was gross. In the end, it was a gluten free, games free, cute present-filled morning. Vanessa looked radiant, and forgave me for throwing her a shower 10 days before her due date. It is hard to describe how much I am looking forward to this baby's arrival--we probably need to work out a code word so she can tell me I need to back off and give her some breathing space.

I wish I had gotten a few more good pictures, but I have a huge insecurity about taking pictures at parties I am supposed to be hosting. I always feel dumb whipping the camera out. I'm not the only one that feels this way, right?

5 comments:

daniellejackson said...

Great job on the baby shower Mal! It was really fun and your food creations were amazing, as always!

vanessa said...

babies! the cucumber drink was not gross! it just couldn't have been as good as the horchata. unfair to put them together. i hope that banner makes it to theo's room, it's so pretty.

Ty and Meg said...

You really should throw every party because your food is unreal. I want more of everything from Saturday. SO good. And so glad Vanessa moved to Portland. She is awesome. Thanks for a great partay.
And...you know you were talking about me on the loud and over opinionated people. :)

Lorrie said...

the food looks amazing, love the banner, and the sweater looks great on Vanessa's baby, at least on the outside!

lindsey said...

You truly throw the best parties! If I know Im coming to your place I serisously skip a meal because I want to make dang sure I have room for all your delicious food!

P.S

I need that Horchata recipe!