Wednesday, April 13, 2011

winning! mostly

And a store gave me a tiny bag of tiny gummy bears with my purchase. yes please.

Today Theo and I ventured downtown to do a little birthday shopping for my twin sister. After visiting a few stores and making a few purchases (hope you like, Kenz!), I went to my third stop to buy her some ketchup. Yes, ketchup. Before you judge me as a horrible gift giver, let me explain--it's delicious ketchup from Little Big Burger, made with sriracha (which she loves), and is something uniquely from Portland and food related that I can actually send her. I thought it would be a fun little random gift. Turns out they aren't selling any right now until the summer. So, no ketchup. Kenz is probably relieved.

But it was lunchtime and I didn't want a burger/pay for lunch, so I walked to the Noodles and Co. next door. Understand, noodles really isn't a place I eat unless (a) I happen to be in the near vicinity (b) it is lunchtime and I am hungry (c) I have a coupon. All things applied to me today, as I got my free meal email yesterday for my birthday. But, I didn't have it printed out, so I asked if they would let me show them my coupon on my phone. They said no, (strike two!) so I walked away to go home to some PB&J. Suddenly, the girl stopped me by the door and whispered, "We would like to buy you lunch anyway." No catch--I got a straight up free lunch! So I ordered a Thai curry soup, and it was surprisingly really good., especially on a hail-y rainy day like today. It made me think of Kenz--the girl loves a good Asian noodle soup. Don't worry, I won't buy you soup for your birthday. I might have to go back and claim my second free birthday lunch.

I haven't even told you about the best part of my day--I parallel parked successfully on the first try with a guy standing on the sidewalk staring at me. (He totally thought I couldn't do it.) And it was the first time I have parallel parked with our new Subaru alone without Jon. Fist pump!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

I got my free noodles & co birthday lunch too! I got the pad thai pasta and tomato basil soup. Weird combo, I know, but both were really yummy!

Lorrie said...

I don't know why this brought tears to my eyes--is it Theo's big, incredibly bkue eyes, that someone was so kind to you, or that you can parallel park the Subaru? Your birthday package is in the mail!

v a n e s s a said...

parallel parking downtown gives me major anxiety. winning indeed!

p.s. i just realized we didn't get to see theo at ALL tonight. i'm not so sure how i feel about his early bedtime now...

Tyler and Megan said...

That ketchup is so amazing it doesn't even need food with it. That was a brilliant idea to buy some. Too bad it didn't work out. I never parallel park. Ever. Lucky for me I have a garage downtown. :)

kenzie said...

I want that ketchup. You know me well. Too well.

Spenceanna said...

sounds like good times up north. My in-laws think I'm a ketchaholic. They think I insult them when I put ketchup on their cooking when all I am trying to do is compliment the food with a fine red badge of honor. I'll have to show them your post about ketchup.

abby try again said...

First off, Theo has always been adorable but I have to say, he is getting even CUTER! And I don't just toss that compliment around, ;)
Also, why the H-E-double hockey sticks do they not make ketchup until the "summer"? Weird. Happy Birthday, tomorrow!