Friday, December 11, 2009

Am I 24? or 54?



 I was just thinking about how I don't know what I want for Christmas. Mostly, I am so excited to see all my family and I am content with my mostly present-less Christmas (reason for that apparent in two sentences).  Well, I do want a few things, but they are so...not exciting when said out loud. I've gotten a few things already, like a cast iron pot (fist pump!) and my beautiful, amazing, already-been-used-for-hours-and-hours-and-more-hours Viking sewing machine (swoon!). I know, real exciting. The only other thing I could think of to tell Jon was jersey sheets, but then I watched Martha this morning and my world turned upside down...



A PASTA PRESS ATTACHMENT FOR YOUR KITCHENAID. And yes, it needed to be shouted. I think I was sold as soon as I saw it included a plate for bucatini, the best pasta ever. Like hollow spaghetti.  You just plop a lump of dough in there and you can have amazing homemade pasta. I need this. I want to make fresh rigatoni, fusilli, and macaroni. I am way too excited about this machine. Especially since it is $180. Jon, think of all the money I will save us...

I am so lost in homemaker gadgetland I can never be recovered. Which is fine. Back to sewing!

5 comments:

Tara said...

I so want one of those too! Tyler just laughed when I told him.

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

I think even if you made homemade pasta every night for a year you still wouldn't close in on the cost. But how much better would that pasta taste eh? Totally worth it!

Lorrie said...

remember how you could never understand how I could be excited about a new washing machine? Now you know! And I'm so glad you're loving the sewing machine!

Unknown said...

Hmmm I don't think I am domestic enough for one of those. I keep telling myself after I don't have a job anymore I can be more like Martha (which is my daily mantra BTW). So we will see how it goes. In the mean time, I hope you get one and then have me over for dinner!

Tyler said...

it looks fun, but isn't store-bought pasta really cheap? and how much pasta do you eat? i don't mean to be cynical. mackenzie's probably oggling it too.